Monday 14 November 2011

Sexy in the City Bootcamp

I am the biggest fan of The Biggest Loser (the US version not the UK one). I adore Jillian Michaels. I love the way the trainers motivate you and push to your limits and beyond. That is when you truly get results. So when I heard about Sexy in the City Bootcamp I jumped at the chance to try it out. No, this nothing to do with Carrie & Co. It is all about fitness, nutrition and getting in shape. 
Phil Hawksworth instructing a class
I have tried out a few personal trainers. I found training good but lacking on the nutritional advice so would it not be nice to get the whole package? Someone to train and motivate you as well as nutritional and diet advice in a short space of time? This is what celebrity trainers Tim Drummond and Phil Hawksworth do. The bootcamps take place twice a week with classes at Liverpool Street and London Bridge lasting for 30 mins and regular emails with nutritional advice.

Tim Drummond

The class I took part in was a circuit style with 5 pit stops including pulling and pushing a tyre across the room which made me feel like I was Biggest Loser as I have seen them do that exercise so many times. I always thought how hard can pushing a tyre be? How wrong was I! Another pit stop was a side plank and I had to rotate the abs and bring the arm down. Overall it was exercises I would never have thought to do but made me really feel the burn through to the next morning. My thighs killed me so much I have no idea how I got to work that day. Totally worth it though. 
Phil Hawksworth
If you are dedicated to fitness and want results, this is definitely the place to go. Be warned, no pain no gain and you WILL feel the pain. You only have to look at their success stories on the website to see the incredible results over 6 weeks. So how much does it cost? A lot. The Sexy in the City programme is priced at £99 per month or bring a friend and the first month is £66 per person. Sexy in the City also offers a two week trial of their online programme packed with additional exciting tips, nutritional and lifestyle advice. So yes it is expensive, but where else will you get the results so fast? One lady lost 12lbs in 4 weeks. I struggle to lose 2lbs.

So if you looking to get into that Christmas dress, bikini or perhaps prepare for a wedding, this would perfect. I do think you need to have a good level of fitness before you attend the class, otherwise you could end up like me sprawled across the floor convinced that I was dying of heart failure. Be prepared to put in a lot of hard work and you should be fine. All the girls were really nice and told me it does get easier as you go on. I think I will take their word for it. Have a look at http://www.sexyinthecitybootcamps.com/
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© The Glamorous | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig